Fire in the Holey Guacamole Sauce
Recommended by Brian
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 lb. Tomatillos
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 Serrano pepper
- Juice of 1 lime.
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup (+/-) loosely packed fresh Cilantro
- 2% weight salt
- Prepare your Tomatillos. Dehusk the sticky Tomatillos and weight out 1/2 lb. Gently place the Tomatillos into pre-boiled water so that they barely float. Set a kitchen timer for 5 minutes and let them turn a soft brown color.
- Prepare the other ingredients. Remove the stem from 1 Seranno pepper, leaving the seeds and placenta intact.
- Blend ingredients. After 5 minutes, carefully transfer the boiled Tomatillos to the blender with the other ingredients and puree for about 20 seconds or until well mixed.
- Package the sauce. Use a small funnel to gently pour the mix of peppers and spices into separate small hot sauce jars. I like to use 5oz Woozy Hot Sauce Bottles. With all ingredients combined, cap using a small shaker top and shake. Serve immediately, or store in refrigerator to allow flavors to settle. I like to let ingredients blend for a minimum of 24 hours before serving. Keep refrigerated and this hot sauce should last you up to 3 or 4 months!
Juice 1 medium to large size lime and toss the vinegar, pepper, avocado, peeled garlic, cilantro, and salt, food processor or blender.