Simple Green Salsa
Recommended by Brian
- 1 lb. Tomatillos
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 2 Serrano peppers (deseeded and destemmed)
- Juice of 1 lime.
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup (+/-) loosely packed fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Prepare your Tomatillos. Dehusk the sticky Tomatillos and weight out 1 lb. Gently place the Tomatillos into pre-boiled water so that they barely float. Set a kitchen timer for 5 minutes and let them turn a soft brown color.
- Prepare the other ingredients. (Roughly) deseed and destem 2 Seranno peppers. Some seeds and placenta are ok as they will just contribute more heat if you are OK with that.
- Create Salsa!. After 5 minutes, carefully transfer the boiled Tomatillos to the blender with the other ingredients and puree for about 20 seconds or until well mixed.
- Serving Salsa. Pour the ingredients into a air tight container and refrigerate for at least 24 hours prior to serving. This will allow the flavors to infuse and blend together.
- Eat the Salsa. There is no vinegar or other preservatives in this recipe like there is typically found in hot sauce. Because of this, I would recommend not waiting more than a few days to finish eating this recipe. It’s pretty good, so that shouldn’t be a problem, but I certainly wouldn’t want anyone taking a chance on getting sick.
Juice 1 medium to large size lime and toss the peppers, avocado, peeled garlic, cilantro, and salt, food processor or blender.